A Journalist and Presenter at BBC Newsround, a children's news programme on the CBBC channel. I have anchored live programmes in studio and on major news stories on location; highlights including Holyrood Castle on the Scottish referendum, 2014 Glagow Commonwealth Games and The Brit Awards in London. I've previously worked as an Interview Producer for Sky News finding guests for breaking news stories. Prior to Sky News I was a Broadcast Journalist for BBC Radio 5Live, my final position on the BBC's Production Trainee Scheme a scheme designed to find talented producers of the future. One of 11 people chosen that year from over 4,000 applicants.
Presenter/ Reporter at BBC Newsround October 2013 - present
- Presenting live bulletins in studio and on location, reporting, making news packages
- Anchoring special live programmes about the Scottish referendum, a day after the vote, live from Holyrood Castle - Reporting and Producing a series on Children's Aspirations, I secured an exclusive interview with film director, Steve McQueen and the story was featured on various news outlets including the Today Programme, BBC Breakfast, 5Live and The Guardian
Interviews Producer. Sky News. April 2013- October 2013
- Finding guests for the days' programming between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm, briefing presenters and making new guest contacts
-Booking guests for the day of the birth of the Royal Baby
Broadcast Journalist. BBC Radio 5Live. November 2011- April 2013
- Working on Late Night Programmes mainly Up All Night, coming up with ideas for the show, pitching ideas, setting up guests, debates and interviews
- Co-producing a live programme in Tottenham which looked into what the area is like post-riots, guests included Wretch 32, Ledley King and David Lammy
City University. MA Broadcast Journalism
1 year postgraduate course in Broadcast Journalism. Completed courses on TV and Radio production, Ethics and Media Law.
Kings College London. BA Geography
3 year undergraduate course in Geography. Completed courses on Natural Hazards, Historical Geography and Latin America and Tourism Development in the Caribbean.